Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Illustrator CS2 Crashing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 svoltmer

svoltmer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

Hello,
All of a sudden my copy of Illustrator CS2 started acting weird. Most of the time it loads up fine, but if you try to open a .ai document one of three things happens. I am using Windows XP SP3

1. The document will open, but then none of the commands will work.
2. The document will open, but without a preview. Error: not enough memory to preview.
3. The document will not open. Error: not enough memory to open document.

I have deleted the preferences and uninstalled then re-installed CS2 with no change.

I don't know what else to try other than a total re-format of HD and re-install of XP.
Any suggestions? I have a deadline on a project. Thanks!

Edited by svoltmer, 15 February 2009 - 05:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:47 PM

I would laugh if you're trying to do this for the dA logo contest.

Anyways, try and find anything adobe related, and clear it out before reinstalling. It could help. Show your hidden folders and delete the adobe folder under temporary app data (or something like that) which is in your account folder.. Its hard to explain, and i can't get the exact path since i'm using vista and its moved around here.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 svoltmer

svoltmer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:05 PM

Thanks, but I have already done that. No one else seems to have this problem. Stupid windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users