Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Custom Toolbars

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 01 June 2005 - 06:20 PM

First things first, give yourself some room to make toolbars, if you dont want them on your taskbar

1. A good place to put a toolbar would be at the top of the screen, just drag your My
Icon to the top of the screen, or the side. Or Wherever, this can be done with any
folder if you want. Only in the windows NT verisons (2k, XP, 2003 etc, and i think
ME)

2. Next, make a folder somewhere on your harddrive, call it toolbars or something.
Then, make folders inside that folder for each toolbar you want. Then make
shortcuts to some programs, or folders. Or you can skip this step if you want to
have a toolbar of a folder you use for downloading or saving stuff. For alot of you
this would mean My Documents.

3. Right Click on your taskbar, or a newly created toolbar (such as my computer),
then hover over Toolbars, Click on New Toolbar.

4. Browse to wherever you want, I reccomend resizing this so that only the title of
the toolbar is displayed, so that way it becomes a drop down, like your start
menu.

5. If you have a my computer toolbar, you may want to right click on it, and
uncheck show text. Then hover over view, and select small icons.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .Prodigy.

.Prodigy.

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:47 PM

this looks like a really good idea, but what do you mean by "My Icon"? i've never heard of it, and don't know where to find it.

Posted Image

#3 The Trip

The Trip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 02 June 2005 - 07:52 PM

Opps, typo on my part sorry, I meant to say "My Computer Icon"

#4 .Prodigy.

.Prodigy.

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 02 June 2005 - 09:05 PM

ah, ok. :thumbsup: that makes much more sense. thanks!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users