Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing drivers! (Can't find them) Weird startup isssues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CarbonX

CarbonX

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:31 AM

Yesterday i re-installed XP Home SP2 from the disk and now i have Windows XP with missing drivers

The missing drivers are:

- Ethernet controller
- PCI communications thingy

And on computer startup i have no programs except the defaults, and a very old version of windows media player, on startup i also have a weird screen that is titled as 'OEM reset' with an option to shutdown, do an audit boot and build an RIS deployment image.. why have i got that?

I need to get the Ethernet controller asap and i cannot connect to the internet through my PC.

The PC is an old eMachines e4024, 2.9ghz intel pentium 4 with 512mb ram.

eMachines support is rubbish, they hardly give anything, that's why im posting here..

My ethernet controller is a Intel pro 10/100, thats as far as i have got to finding out what the controller is, everest did not tell me anything about an ethernet controller.. but i know it is manufactered by Intel, on intel's website they have a list of driver downloads for many ethernet controllers but im posting here cause i cant find my model.

Thanks in advance for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:06 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

<<Yesterday i re-installed XP Home SP2 from the disk and now i have Windows XP with missing drivers>>

What disk might that be? Is it a MS XP install CD?

Is it a CD provided by eMachines for restoring your system?

Did you have a drivers CD for your system? If so, did you run it?

Did you delete everything on the C: partition and attempt a clean install...or did you attempt to do a repair install of your existing XP?

FWIW: Drivers for E4024 desktop, http://downloads.emachines.com/emdriver.html?model=E4024

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 15 February 2009 - 10:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users