Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This ones a toughy, see if u guys can help..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 over_kill

over_kill

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:20 PM

Ok what I have here is a worm, that is spread via AOL Instant Messenger, it is called find.exe and is located in C:/WINDOWS folder. I looked up info about this worm on the symantec website, and everything seems to check out.. except this worm in not in the same folder as on symantec, and i tried the removal instructions on my computer and nothing was detected (disabled windows system restore, restarted in safe mode, ran ad-aware and Norton Anti-Virus, still nothing found.. Another thing about this worm is that it rendered my other computer internetless, my computer is basically telling me that i have limited connection to only my router, I tried to "repair" the LAN, but It could not renew the IP, i then tried to do it manually, through command prompt, same problem. Then i tried typing in the router IP in my browser.. nothing came up!.. so i tried to reset my router.. again i tried the IP, and still nothing! Can anyone help me out? or do i have to reformat?

Thanks!
-Ethan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:33 PM

Hey, over_kill:

There may be more going on here then the virus.
You should post a logfile in HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.

Link to the forum:
HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum

Link to Instructions for submitting a HiJackThis log file:
Here.

Good-Luck.

Edited by Joshuacat, 01 June 2005 - 05:49 PM.

JC

#3 over_kill

over_kill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:46 PM

Thanks man, aprreciate it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users