Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virtumonde Virus Help.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thorn653

thorn653

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:58 AM

Hey there,
I have been reading various posts on this forum for about 3 weeks now and trying to get rid of my virtumonde virus.
Everything seemed fine until today when Avira caught a virtumonde virus again.
I though I had gotten rid of it, I guess not.
I am using Windows XP Professional Version 5.1.2600 with service pack 3.
I've run a free version of Avira, Spybot Search & Destroy, Malware Bytes, and a registered version of Spyware Doctor.
Nothing is working for me.
Any help would be great...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:27 AM

:thumbsup:

A vundo infection can install scores of files on your computer, it's not unusual after cleaning to have a new update find ones that were missed earlier, often these files or registry entries were inactive and causing no harm

That's why it's important to post as many logs as possible

I had a serious infection and was still finding stuff 3 months later, one of the head developers at MBAM explained this to me

Edited by DaChew, 15 February 2009 - 08:28 AM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users