Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with EPS Adobe Illustrator CS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scooterbug

scooterbug

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:37 PM

Hi all. My name is Sharon. I recently came across a problem , I wonder if anyone can help.

I bought a clipart collection on CD from Dover Publications: http://store.doverpublications.com/by-subj...-on-cd-rom.html

I bought it because the description said it had image files in several formats, one of them being Encapsulated PostScript. Well that sounded good, I have worked with EPS files in the past, editing, changing colors and so on. I use Adobe Illustrator CS.

So here were all my files in EPS! Wonderful! I thought. Not so. When I load them into Adobe Illustrator CS...they are just not editable. I can change size but that's pretty much it. Hey guys, I am only medium computer literate but I know that in the past, using EPS format I have been able to change color and so on. Not sure if it's a Vector Image or not. As it is, the pictures display no better than a JPEG or GIF.

Looking at the Properties of the EPS files on my CD, I discover they were made with Adobe Illustrator Photoshop. The AICS Help files tell me that Adobe Photoshop has a default setting for creating EPS images which is 2-bit(?) and may not be compatible with Adobe Illustrator CS. :thumbsup:

All I really want to do is change color. Am I...well..screwed? Or is there a way of converting them to a format that I can use? And no, I dont want to buy Raster/Vector software.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

sharon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chiefmasterjedi

chiefmasterjedi

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:05 PM

Please email me one of these pics and i will see what i can do with it. There are alot of tricks you can use on so called "uneditable" material.

Chief.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users