Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Port Forwarding!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 manicd

manicd

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:11 PM

Hi

Would anyone be as so kind as to help me with Port Forwarding with my Modem so I can host online.

Best Regards

Edited by manicd, 14 February 2009 - 05:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 irishman76

irishman76

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

Well we would need the model and manufacturer information. You might want to give this site a try, it helps guide you through opening ports: http://portforward.com/

#3 manicd

manicd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:20 PM

Well we would need the model and manufacturer information. You might want to give this site a try, it helps guide you through opening ports: http://portforward.com/

Hi Irishman76 and thanks for the reply

Ive already checked at that site but I can't find my Modem which is a:

Thomson Speedtouch330

Edited by manicd, 16 February 2009 - 03:20 PM.

#4 manicd

manicd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:04 AM

Can anyone help please?

Edited by manicd, 20 February 2009 - 06:04 AM.

#5 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:47 AM

I quote from Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpeedTouch_330

Although the Speedtouch 330 is used for ADSL Broadband Internet, it does not appear on the user's computer as a LAN or High-Speed Internet Connection, but rather as a Dial-up connection. Users must therefore initiate a dial-up connection every time they want to connect in order to get onto the Internet.

The Speedtouch 330 is in fact a very basic modem, as opposed to a router modem. It can only grant connectivity to one computer at a time, and does not have any built-in features such as IP routing, a firewall, NAT, or WLAN Wireless Internet.

Basically it is saying it is a Modem not a Router that is why you can't find it on Portforward.com, so that means either the Modem doesn't need Ports opening or you can't open them because the Modem doesn't have the features like a Router does. Although since I only have basic networking experience and I have setup Routers to Port Forward before, I'm not that good to be able to tell you if you can on that Modem or not but hopefully it will give you a start and someone else may drop by to help you.

If it can't be done, like I suspect based on reading the Wiki article above then you might have to buy a Router so you can setup the Port Forwarding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users