Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD-DVD DRIVE FOR FREE :-)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 patbox

patbox

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:52 PM

Imagine you have a nice, new, cool, small, slim netbook (or notebook) which has no CD-DVD drive. So you need to buy one for 70 dollars or so.

But you can safe the money, if you have an older PC, which already has a CD-DVD drive. Just create a LAN (with a router or without). Then click on the CD-DVD drive, go to share options and share it (like a standard shared folder).

If you do this, you can use your shared CD-DVD drive to actually install GAMES or watch DVD movies on the netbook (notebook) which has no CD-DVD drive it self.

:thumbsup:
Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bassplayer15

Bassplayer15

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:06 AM

That's pretty cool, i knew you could put info on the main computer and then see/change it with the other, but i had no idea that you could actually install things on one using the CD-DVD of another.
Grace is given freely, but respect must be earned.

#3 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:18 PM

Incredible... Sadly I will never buy a netbook.. I'd just go for 13.1" Monitors.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#4 patbox

patbox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:00 AM

I will go for 2 monitors. It is better than one big one, in my view... now trying to get my office to get me a new PC with two monitors.
Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users