Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Snappy-Music

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 not a geek

not a geek

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:41 PM

I'm using Window's Vista Home Premium on a Toshiba Satellite 64X2 dual core

I purchased Snappy- Music from the internet. The advertisement was misleading and not fully disclosed that what you really were doing is opening up your computer to other pc's worldwide and accessing their music database...and of course it turns out you allow access to your computer as well from complete strangers. I want to uninstall the program.

Guess what..it does not even appear in windows control panel under add remove programs list. Trying to use the program's uninstaller resulted in an immediate message saying "finished". Too quick, I thought, so upon checking it out...the program is still in the C drive under programs, still in the start up menu, and still on my desktop. Repeat uninstall...no result.

They offered a 2n'd option to force delete...tried that too, but all it did was remove my drop down options in the start up menu. The program is still on the desk top, in the start up menu, and in the program files. All 3 of those points will still execute the program.

Contacted their toll free number...said can't answer phones now only use online support. Sent online support a message, got a ticket number...but I think I'll be waiting the usual 2 to 7 days for a response. But, I really want this program gone NOW.

Here's my question: Can anyone advise me, if I purchase Perfect Uninstaller or some other program online will I be able to safely get rid of this horrible Snappy-Music program? I haven't had any good luck in the past purchasing supposedly great programs for fixes from an online site with a free trial download. They usually are a waste of money or too complicated for a user with minimal to moderate understanding of the background technology utilized. In other words they ask me questions that I haven't a clue how to respond to.

I would love to hear from someone with first hand experience that can make a good recommendation to me for a user friendly product or fix that will safely and completely remove and uninstall every trace of Snappy-Music and all the exe. components it downloaded in the process.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:02 PM

Try revo uninstaller ...it's free:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/revouninstaller.html

If it works, go into safe mode (you may need to show hidden files and folders) and delete the folders and files associated with that program.
Restart your computer and re-hide hidden files and folders.

Good luck getting a refund!

Edited by Jacee, 14 February 2009 - 06:03 PM.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users