Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Registry needing repairs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Policja

Policja

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:04 PM

Now this is probably not occurring a lot but i was just wondering. I have a registry cleaner that a used a while back to "clean" the registry and i ran it found a quite large lists of problems (or whatever its called). And i told the program to repair them all at one time. Then after a while i started using programs and they wouldn’t work. ie. MSN Live messenger and many other messengers, and a few other programs crash sometimes. I believe it’s the registry because after when i was surfing ran into a discussion about windows registries and modifying/scanning them can really screw up your computer. I don’t believe i actually backed up the registry b4 i did the large fix but i do have 2/3 other backups of previous ones, but the issue is that some of them are 1 or more years old. So, i want the communities input and help to repair. is it ok to use a backup from 1 year ago when I do so many things on the computer from that time. Would it like change back and update to what I have now on my computer. Sorry, if some of this doesn’t make sense pertaining to the registry but I’m not very knowledgeable in registry issues.
Now i feel bad and want my computer to be better.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Policja

Policja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:05 PM

My computer also has large amounts of programs and data if that helps and keeps you in mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users