Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dimenswion E520 POST 1,2,3 lit and no video

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pdupuis

pdupuis

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:36 AM

Hi: HELP!!

I have a Dimension E520. We had an ice storm last week and ended up losing our electricity for about 40 hours. When it came back on my tower would not start up. I had previously installed a video card because, after another electrical problem, I lost my video. Then I was using the integrated video card on the mother board. You would think I would have installed a surge suppressor too but nope. Didn't. This was a year or so ago and bout a video card from Dell. All was working fine until this ice storm. So my first idea was that I hsd toasted my new video card. I had it tested at work and it functions fine. As I stated in the topic, the POST lights 1, 2, and 3 are lit after booting. According to the users manual this is a "Other Problem" and the possible causes cannot be checked as I have no video.

Anybody out there?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:04 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

So your fans are spinning properly?

Have you tried resetting the power supply switch at the back of the system? Turn it off...wait a few seconds...turn it back on before trying to boot the system.

Have you (temporarily) tried your power supply unit with another system?

Louis

#3 pdupuis

pdupuis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:02 AM

well not sure what I did but I flipped the 115/220 switch back and forth and wiggled all of the power supply connectors and the thing booted back up normally. I can't see how any of that had to do with my black out but it worked and I will try not to over-question it, lol. Thanks for the reply.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:44 PM

Nice work, glad you solved it...happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users