Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comp Crashes then powers up but no beep black screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 andru

andru

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:19 AM

G'day guys.
I have built a comp and have had problem after problem as u'v probably seen the many post i have done.
Anyway now that i have everything up and runnin:

my comp just automaticly crashes and then trys to restart and has no beep and just sits on a black screen. When i go to turn it on again the same thing happens no beep+black screen. After this i check the comp wait abit same thing keeps happning till eventuly it turns on.

I looked in event viewer and it doesn't say a thing i also have auto restarts turned off but it stillrestarts. When i tried just then i took everything out exept the ram and tried booting and it was fine then put the HDD drive in and same thing happend but then i restarted and it booted. I am not sure if it's the Mobo or the HDD there all new. Also i can go playing games and things for agez but then it eventuly happens but just know every time i got it back on it would do it within 10 mins after loading xp. It finaly stopped and i can write this post.

If you could give me any help i would greatly appretiate it
Cheers

Specs:
M3a78-T (bought a pro but screewed it when building and the pro's where out of stock)
CPU: AMD Quad 9550 (54-60c)
HDD: samsung 500g 7200rpm
RAm: coursair 1gig 1066mb (400mhz)x 4 (I know i can only use 3.3:( )

Edited by andru, 14 February 2009 - 08:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:08 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

I may be wrong in my assumptions/premises, but...

Since POST does not complete (no beep)...I guess that I don't understand how you get a black screen. I would expect a blank screen, since no beep indicates that the system has not recognized all proper components (and should not be able to continue with the booting process).

A black screen should indicate that the video signal is getting through properly (but the system cannot boot into XP) and I guess I don't see how that can be possible if POST failed to complete properly.

I'd be thinking PSU first or something related to power. Have you tried a different PSU?

Louis

#3 andru

andru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:10 PM

Hey just this morning I left it off all night and it did the same in the morning which nomaly doesn't happen. But when i got it on finaly and it crashed on me the blue screen came up with the message:

Stop:0x0000007F (0x0000000D, ox00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
Begin dump of phiscal memory.
Physical memory dump complete

That is the first time that has come up and i'm hoping if it restarts again it will show the same message.
I have looked this up on google and found out it is ram or mobo (i think) but will do some more research.
can you please try and explain what this message means and how it can be fixed i hope i havn't screewed another mobo. I'll try regestry fix and mem test i'll.
Thanks for the reply!

PS: also i forgot to mention when i turn it on sometimes and it works a message saying somthing liek:
To many cold resets due to BIOS POST. System might be incorrectly oveclocked, Press F1 to resume
i think this is becuase i have reset it so many times and hopefully havn't screewed it by doing so.

Edited by andru, 14 February 2009 - 11:04 PM.

#4 andru

andru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:09 PM

Also it just crashed again and came up with this message:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP:0x000000D1 (0x00700006, 0x06000002, 0x00000008, 0x00700006)
I turned it off at the back left it for a botu a min Then i booted it up and it came up with:

_ (flashing) (this happens alot but continues to load)

but this time the ?hardrive i think? was making a wierd noise. Know i left it for a while put in one mem stick and its OK just waiting for the next crash lol. (this is sending me insane)
I'll keep you updated. Sorry for the long read really appretiate the help.
Cheers

PS: i read up and think it is a driver issue as well as memory.

Edited by andru, 14 February 2009 - 11:10 PM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:22 PM

I like to eliminate obvious physical suspects.

Along with the CMOS battery, the hard drive and RAM are prime in any system problem...along with the PSU. A suspect hardware situation can result in any number of error messages in Windows.

MemTest Manual - http://hcidesign.com/memtest/manual.html

Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic - http://www.memtest86.com/

Hard Drive Installation and Diagnostic Tools - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28744/hard-drive-installation-and-diagnostic-tools/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users