Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to track visitor's from my site

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Abhay

Abhay

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:07 AM

I have a good website and i want to track every visitors who visits my sites from anywhere any time. Is this possible to track easily or not. i don't know. if this is possible then how please suggest me...
thanks in advance...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:43 AM

I use ONE STAT http://www.onestatfree.com/ to monitor my visitor stats.
You just have to copy and paste the code to your pages then you can log in to view stats. Gives everything including how they get there, what pages are viewed, time on site, countries, browsers and more, really all you can ever need.
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

#3 CommMajor101

CommMajor101

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:57 AM

Google Analytics is a popular free website tracking way of things. There's also Go Stats, ClickTracks, ComScore, Hitwise and many others. Here's a good article I found http://techmagazine.ws/track-website-traffic-40-great-tools/

Hope this helps!

#4 InterestinglyAverage

InterestinglyAverage

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:26 AM

There are two different methods for tracking your visitors, internal and external. Internal uses your server logs to track visitors, while external tracking uses Javascript and cookies. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages.

When you use an internal tracking, you get the most comprehensive information, because every page request is tracked. It is also possible to track image views using this method, while external tracking can not. However, you will get more false positives when you use internal tracking because traffic from bots and spiders will be logged in addition to normal users. Also, you will have a harder time tracking repeat visitors because IP addresses can change, and internal tracking usually does not use cookies, relying instead only on IP addresses.

External tracking records less of your visitors than internal tracking because it requires the use of javascript. If the visitor uses noscript, or in some other way has disabled javascript in their browser, their visits will not be logged. However, this gives you the benefit of not tracking visits from spiders and bots, which generally won't access the tracking script.

Most of the solutions mentioned above, such as ComScore, Hitwise and Google Analytics are external tracking systems. Because they are easier to manage, and have less false positives, they tend to be the popular choice. Many larger sites will invest in a combination method, where internal log data is combined with external information to create a comprehensive overview of the site's traffic. The solution you choose, however, should be based on your exact requirements. If you simply need to get a quick overview of your traffic that is generally error free, and you don't need to track data on media files, I would recommend Google Analytics.
The only way to learn anything is to question everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users