Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programs Crash Instantly... No Compatability Tab

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lucidolph

Lucidolph

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

Heyy... I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate...
I'm not GREAT on PCs, so if you give me instructions, please try to make them explainable to a 10year old ^^ ... Or, a dog.
Basically, I have 2 programs that I REALLY need to use >< and can't...

The first one is called 'Atmosphere Deluxe' ... I run the .exe ... The loading screen comes up, 5secs later it goes all white, then says;

"a problem caused the program to stop working correctly"

Nothing else is said so i don't really know what other sort of info i can give you guys, sorry...

The other program is just a Trainer/Editor for a game, same thing... Load, 5secs, white, Exit...

I heard someone mention 'event viewer'??? ... Managed to find it, but didn't know how to use it at all or how it was meant to benefit me...

Lastly, I thought about running these programs under compatability mode, like i used to do in XP...
But i can't _
For some reason whenever i right-click on ANYTHING... the ONLY tabs I get, after properties... Are;

-General-
-Shortcut-
-Security-
-Details-
-Previous Versions-
-------------------------

I managed to stumble upon the compatability wizard >> somewhere, somehow, don't remember... All i DO remember is it stated 'Compatability mode has been disabled'
Or something more or less around those lines, and it didn't say anything about how one was to enable these options >> whether it be through control panel, or, registry...

Ahhk ><"" ... This is really doing my head in, and yes i HAVE been to other forums, countless times... And i really, just... Don't know what to do now x]
I'd really appreciate it if you guys/gals COULD help me ^^'' ... I'm willing to try whatever someone throws at me >> ... Anything *-*

Much Appreciated,
Isaac

P.S... I Don't have the Vista Discs, just incase i NEED one for something ^^'' ... Although I'd get one, if it meant fixing this piece of... 'work' ._.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:42 AM

Is this a pre-built PC with the original Vista installation.
If so, what's the make and model of it?

Or has it been loaded from a Vista installation disk.
If so, where were did the disks come from?

Edited by usasma, 14 February 2009 - 09:43 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Lucidolph

Lucidolph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:30 PM

Ah god... sorry... Thought i would've recieved an E-mail to tell me that someone replied ._.
My bad..

Em, this is my Dad's old PC ^^'
Pretty sure it was a clean install, Vista Ultimate.
And HE has the CD ...

Hope that helps you help me =]

Thanks

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

Check the Event Viewer for error messages around the time that the applications crashed. Check in the Windows Logs...Application Log file for the errors.

When you find them, copy the entire text of the error and paste it into your next post.

To get the compatibility

We'll need to know the version of the Atmosphere deluxe program. In version 6.0 it wasn't listed as being Vista compatible, in version 6.1 it appears to be Vista compatible.

We'll need to know the name and version of the other program also.

Finally, try some of the free scans in this topic (to see if anything has slipped by your protection): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/usas...?showentry=1252 Follow the advice at the bottom of the topic.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users