Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows media player won't work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 buckshotdad1960

buckshotdad1960

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:38 PM

I have 98se with dial up so as you can see I started life off handicaped with no hope of recovery right from the get go.

Abandoned at an early age I roamed the web looking for love. Then one day I found Limewire, of course that was before I knew about condoms. Soon I had every STD there was.

I went to the doctor and had my infected windows media player deleted and replaced it with a fresh copy. I want to break up with limewire and go out with Utorrent but my media player is not working properly yet. Not even limewire will have anything to do with me. I can't play the songs I have down loaded already, with the limewire player or windows media player.

Now I'm getting hate mail. Here are some examples. Can anyone tell me what it all means and how to fix it? Every thing worked fine before.

1) windows media player cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline.

2) windows media player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly.

Thank you! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buckshotdad1960

buckshotdad1960
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:48 AM

:thumbsup:

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:23 PM

Go to Device Manager:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285122
Are there any yellow exclamation points by anything?
What version of WMP are you using?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 buckshotdad1960

buckshotdad1960
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:41 AM

Go to Device Manager:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285122
Are there any yellow exclamation points by anything?
What version of WMP are you using?

Wow, I totally forgot about this post! Probably because right after I posted it I deleted wmp and down loaded another one. 2004 version I think? Yeah, I have 2 yellow ? in device manager under other devices and then another off of or related to that one called unknown. What does that mean.

p.s. sorry about not getting back to you, I didn't mean to be rude, i'm just retarted! I like mustard! LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users