Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to update drivers?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Yorkie

Yorkie

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:17 AM

Hi,

Is there an easy way to update drivers for your PC/Laptop?

I have download various Driver Update Software over the years to try and update my PC drivers but they all do the scan and list which drivers are out of date but then as usual you have to pay to download the drivers from their sites.

I have tried using the update driver feature in windows xp for the drivers that the various Driver Update programs say are out of date but it never finds an update and says that I have the latest version. I have been on some of the manufactures sites but can never work out particualr driver I need and how to install them.

Regards...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:32 AM

What kind of problems are you having that you need to update your drivers?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Yorkie

Yorkie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:51 AM

Well I'm having problems with my sound but it's mainly the case that I want to have the latest up to date drivers for my PC.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:02 AM

If you are just updating to have the latest drivers and aren't having any problems I have to agree with the adage that if it ain't broke don't fix it. As for the audio problem, what seems to be the problem? Have you looked in the Device Manager to see if there are any error or warnings in the Sound, video and game controllers?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Yorkie

Yorkie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:36 AM

Some times the sounds fine then other times its distorted i.e. the sound is slowed down (if that makes sense) or the sound wont work at all (both when using the laptop battery or the mains).

A restart of the laptop always seems to fix the problem but I'm not sure why it is happening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users