Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Excel 2003 Edition

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:35 AM

i want to know how to type 1 to 100 in say the A,1 colum down to A,100 colum. without typing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, etc. I tried typing 1 in A,1 and then dragging down to A,100 but it just puts 1 all the way down, Any suggestions? - I'm not doing and adding etc. Just numbered 1 to 100 with other things typed beside each one. - I know i can do it in word but it is easier in Excel to sort them.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:17 AM

You have to give Excel a hint what you want to do by typing 1,2,3 in the first three rows then highlight all three cells and drag the plus sign down to row 100. You can do any step you like - 5,10,15 or 100,200,300 and excel will pick up the difference and extrapolate the sequence for you.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:49 PM

PS. This works for other series, such as days of the week or months of the year.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:12 AM

thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users