Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Autoruns Search Online Not Working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stuart C

Stuart C

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:44 AM

Hi
I've just run Autoruns for the first time and when I select an item and select "Search Online" I get a dialogue box with the following message:

Cannot find 'http://%1%20"/?%20 (then the name of the file I was querying). Make sure the path or Internet address is correct.
This happens with every Autoruns entry I try. Is this Autoruns or something else?

Cheers

Stuart

P.S. Sorry. Just noticed that I'm in the Windows 2000 forum. My computer is Windows XP Professional.

Edited by Stuart C, 13 February 2009 - 06:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:10 AM

What entry are you try to find out about?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Stuart C

Stuart C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:26 PM

Mark

Thanks for your note. I tried quite a few. Here are some of them: Explorer.exe, BDAgent.exe, Ceedo Auto Detect, AppleSoftwareUpdate.job, Windows Messenger.

It looks like anything I try.

Cheers

Stuart
I'm running Windows XP Prof' and all service packs and patches are up to date.

#4 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:58 PM

Have a look at this:
http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts....PID=53138#53138

Sorry I haven't had time to read the entire thread, but suggest you do. There are other threads that deal with Online Search that might be helpful in the last FAQ (#20) here:
http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4719

BTW, it works fine for me. I'm running the last version of Firefox 2 as default browser and have it set to Google as the default search engine. AutoRuns 9.38. What is your setup?

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

#5 Stuart C

Stuart C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:33 AM

Hiya

I'm running XP prof, IE7.0.5 with IXQUICK as my default search engine.

Stuart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users