Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

javascript in internet explorer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nixx

nixx

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:54 AM

Hi.

There's something wrong with my Internet Explorer. It's pretty weird. The JavaScript of websites won't work in my Internet Explorer. It works in all my other browsers (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera). Although when I make an html page with Javascript myself, it works in IE. I tried reinstalling the Java Runtime Environment but the result is the same.

Any ideas on how I could fix this?

Thanks in advance!

-n

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:08 AM

Download and run JavaRa after installing the newest version of JavaRuntimeEnviroment.

http://raproducts.org/javara.html

avaRa is a simple tool that does a simple job: it removes old and redundant versions of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).

Java software in general and the Java JRE in particular allow you to run applications called 'applets' that are written in the Java programming language. You probably have Java JRE installed on your computer because these applets allow you to play online games, chat with people around the world, calculate your mortgage interest, view images in 3D, as well as many others.

As with all software, the JRE is updated on a regular basis. Updates are necessary to add new functionalities, to remove programming bugs or to repair possible vulnerabilities.

Usually older versions of programs are removed during the install of new versions but Sun (the owner of Java) has somehow decided not to do this. The result is that a number of different versions of the JRE may exist on your computer. These older versions potentially pose a threat to your sense of security due to the possible vulnerabilities or security holes that may exist in them....

http://raproducts.org/javara.html

#3 nixx

nixx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:29 PM

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. I tried running JavaRa but the JavaScript still won't work in Internet Explorer. I don't think there's a virus in this computer. The anti-virus isn't detecting anything.

Ideas, anyone?

Thanks!

#4 nixx

nixx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:00 PM

Oh yeah, I tried going to the Java website using Firefox and Internet Explorer and verified my Java version. This message appears in IE and not in my other browsers:

"Javascript and Cookies must be enabled so we can message you correctly.Please enable javascript and cookies in your browser for the duration of your Java Installation and verification.Once you have enabled javascript and cookies, please refresh this page."

#5 nixx

nixx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:19 PM

Hmm, I tried changing the Security of the Internet. It works now. Thanks

#6 tork

tork

• Members