Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update Error Code 80244019

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:25 AM

Hi guys,

no wonder I changed to Mac...

anyway, on dads Vista (Vista Home Premium SP1) computere which i'm using right now, have a problem...

can't install 2 updates, gives me 80244019 error code. I get the code if I search for updates also. I had to reinstall McAfee 2009 because it contained an error it seems to be ok now.

Updates that fail to install are Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 2 and .NET Framework Family Updtae, Office Live Add-In and Office Geniuine Advantage Notifications.

Any help woul dbe much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

The error code means that you can't get to the server. Make sure McAfee or your Firewall isn't blocking you. Windows Defender will sometimes block updates too ... not sure why :huh:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en
I really wouldn't worry about these: .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 2 and .NET Framework Family Update, but the above link has them.

Here's another link for Office:
http://www.microsoft.com/DownLoads/details...;displaylang=en
If you have Office 2007 installed, have you downloaded SP1 for it?

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:48 AM

i disabled mcafee (windows defender isn't on because mcafee turns it off) and it still won't download or even search get same error code.

i tried to download the update from the microsoft link provided but when i click on the download buttont i get "Internet Explorer Cannot DIsplay The Webpage".

Do indeed have SP1 installed on Office 2007.

i have notice something i hadn't noticed before, if i type in "bleepingcomputer" without quotes and hit search, it becomes the first result in the list, when I click that it opens a new windows with some garbage, and when I click the back button on IE it takes me to the site "bleepingcomputer" which I wanted in the first place,maybe that has something to do with the problem? I don't know maybe worth adding it in.

Edited by Izzy, 15 February 2009 - 04:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users