Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kaspersky hacked update

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 CCRN396

CCRN396

• Members
  • 505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:24 AM

We confirm that the vulnerability existed in the new version of usa.kaspersky.com/support. We analyzed the log files and found requests with SQL injection.

http://www.viruslist.com/en/weblog?weblogid=208187633

I bet quite a few people are breathing a sigh of relief:

# We are lucky the hackers proved to be more interested in fame than in causing damage

Edited by Orange Blossom, 20 February 2009 - 01:15 AM.
Add in some context from article linked to. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:42 PM

It is a lesson to us all - check, check and re-check your processes and your code.

and never be complacent about your computer/server security/protection :thumbsup:

#3 aintright

aintright

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:02 PM

Well i have to say it, since changing to kaspersky i have had nothing but problems not with just the software but with the tech support too!
Never again will i purchase a kaspersky product

Chris

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:26 PM

I have Kaspersky internet security 2009 and have not had any problems. I have not use there tech support because of no problems so I can't speak to that.

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,084 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:25 PM

After over 20 years with CA I switched to KIS and am very happy with the product and the one encounter with tech support, all in all I feel it is a very good product.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#6 Brengun

Brengun

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:41 AM

I have Kaspersky internet security 2009 and have not had any problems. I have not use there tech support because of no problems so I can't speak to that.

I am not very techie with computers but I just changed my security from ***pond (Aussies will know it) to the Kaspersky and the difference is unbelievable! I mean its equivalent to changing from dial up to broadband. My computer is so much faster on the net with Kaspersky internet security 2009.

I have windows xp office if thats any help to others considering the same security I have chosen.
The reviews looked pretty good to me and although I have little intention of adjusting any of the settings, I can always checkout bleepingcomputer for those sorts of tweaking options. :thumbsup:

#7 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:04 PM

^^ Atleast they found out how and fixed it. I've used KIS before, but I switched to Avast.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#8 raj29

raj29

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:18 AM

I am using Kaspersky for over 2 years, and I am fully satisfied with its performance. But one thing I have to say that its anti spyware component is too weak comparing to other similar products and it has to be made more powerful. My system was infected several times by some spyware and tracking cookies although it was guarded by Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.
I am the Saint and the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But don't think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Sword were to speak...

#9 FiOS Dan

FiOS Dan

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:52 AM

IMO tracking cookies do not constitute "infection" and their presence is determined by your browser settings. Most anti-spyware programs identify them after they have been installed rather than real time.
Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.

#10 raj29

raj29

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:17 AM

May be, but as most anti spyware detects its presence in the system, Kaspersky must detect it. Because there may some naive person who do not know much about computer operation so they may forget to block third party cookies in their browser settings.
I am the Saint and the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But don't think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Sword were to speak...

#11 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:19 AM

Go point raj29; third party cookies can be a big problem. All cookies arn't bad and all are not good. I don't allow third party cookies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users