Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

$2000 laptop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 meanswing

meanswing

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:28 AM

I have $2000 to spend on a laptop. Need some help to decide what would be best to get on my laptop. Interested in CPU, RAM, Hard Drive, Screen Size.

CPU - At least 2Ghz AMD/Pentium
RAM - At least 1gb dual channel
Hard Drive - At least 40 gb
Screen Size - 15"

*not sure what length of battery or size. dont care about weight. as long as its not too bulky"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 meanswing

meanswing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:47 PM

can anybody help me??

#3 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:51 PM

Are you looking to build or to buy? What will you be using it for?
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#4 meanswing

meanswing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:53 PM

Building or Buying. probably customizing online . i dont know how to build a laptop. but if its easy to learn i would rather build it. I will be using it for school and gaming.

#5 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:06 PM

It's relatively easy to build a laptop. You can check out several sites. Tom's Hardware has a video that you can download. You won't save much, if anything, but there isn't much to it. You buy a "barebones" laptop, add memory, hard drive, optical drive, wireless card, and operating system. Barebones can be had from ASUS or several other companies.

I enjoyed Steamed Turtle's sense of humor, and the video at Tom's was fun, too. You'll notice that Tom's builds from the bottom, while Turtle's builds from the top.

Tom's tutorial

Steamed Turtle's tutorial

#6 meanswing

meanswing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:13 PM

So wut r good suggestions for hardware is should get on my laptop. I am mainly goin to use it for gaming but i will do some homework on it. Also watch and download movies and music on it. PLEZ HELP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users