Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system restore

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dan yell

dan yell

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:30 PM

Ive had my computer since 2002. Needless to say there alot of unnessary things i have on here slowing down my computer. One thing i did lose is my print spooler. Its nowhere to be found. My computer is a mess. I thought that if i could restore it too factory condition if it would restore my print spooler and everything else im missing and any bugs i have on here. I want to buy a flash drive to to able to keep pictures, videos, favorites, etc. before i do the big change, is there things i should know before i do this or should i just take it in to the computer shop and see if they can get rid of all the stuff on here i dont need and find my print spooler? any advice before i take this step would be sooo appreciated. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:06 AM

It would help if you were to post the make and model of your computer.

How large is your hdd, and how much free space do you have on it?

Look in the Event Viewer and see what errors are showing up at the times that this is happening.

Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer.

On the right side of the page you will see the options Applications, Security, and Systems, double click on Systems. There are eight columns on this page, the three that you will want are Type, Date, Time, and Event.

The errors will appear in the Type column, they are red dots with a white X inside of them.

Warnings will appear as a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside.

When you see an error, double click on it and see what the description is.

Please post the error code/s found in the Event column and the descriptions back in this topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 dan yell

dan yell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:58 AM

error codes are 10010 said did not register within the required time out. other error code 7011 service control manager, said timeout response from mcmscsvc service. Not sure but doenst seem these would have anything to do with print spooler or bugs in my computer, but then agian....................

#4 dan yell

dan yell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:28 AM

forgot to write computer info i have a emachines t1742 with windows xp and 2.00 GB with 12.7 GB of free space. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users