Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beeping Internally

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 †Sage†

†Sage†

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

Hey, my sister accidentally dropped a stool on the corner of my computer. the corner is now coming loose, and it makes about 5 or 6 seperated beeping sounds before starting. it will start and the fan and all will begin to run normally, but my monitor won't show anyhting, despite it being plugged in. in the past, i have just held the corners together and pressed start, and it has been functioning perfectly.

unfotunately, my sister unplugged it instead of shutting it down and now it wont start up again. i have held it in every postiion possible.

PLZ HELP

ALSO, one of my computers was taken by a hacker and i cannot find my reformat disk. my friend has vista (all of my comps are XP) and he has his reformat disks. can i put vista on my computer, or will it just not work?

Edited by †Sage†, 12 February 2009 - 07:27 PM.

SageOfSARIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:46 PM

my sister accidentally dropped a stool on the corner of my computer. the corner is now coming loose

Assuming that we are talking about a laptop, I would have to say that there's a possibility of internal damage that you will only see if you take it apart
The stool possibly could have jostled the memory loose. Try re-seating the memory modules

can i put vista on my computer, or will it just not work?

Highly unlikely it will work unless your hardware meets the operating system requirements and you can find the correct drivers
Besides it sounds like you are talking about recovery disks and not a true operating system disk and that's only legal for one machine, anyways

Edited by garmanma, 12 February 2009 - 08:48 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 †Sage†

†Sage†
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:22 PM

no, its not a laptop.

and ok ill try that
SageOfSARIA