Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Video Of my Screen...What's Wrong?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zapacoman

zapacoman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:08 PM

Hey I don't know how skilled you guys are at diagnosing problems via some video footage, but I thought I'd try. I start my computer and it seems like it will start ok, then it hiccups and video shifts upward about 10% then it blues out and says "no signal" on my tv. Anything thoughts as to the culprit? I had a lot of dust in there which i vaccuumed out, but it didn't help.

Youtube video of the screen

Derek

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 battlespyware

battlespyware

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

First off nice monitor.

I would suggest the issue is with the video card driver.

What happens if you go into safe mode (tap F8 right after the HP logo disappears)?

Please don't attempt this if you are not comfortable reinstalling drivers (i.e. locating and downloading drivers from the internet.)

If you can get into safe mode I would recommend deleting your video card from the Device manager.

1. click start then run.
2. type devmgmt.msc then click OK.
3. Click the plus next to Display Adapters.
4. Write down the name of each display adapter.
4. Right click every item shown inside Display adapters. then click uninstall.
5. Reboot your computer.

Your display should work now. However, the resolutions should be very bad.

you will now have to go to the computer manufacturer's web site (hp.com) and download the latest drivers for you display adapter (video card).

Let me know how this works.

Chaz.
battle spyware
----------------------------------
IT professional from S FL.
Blogger on how to remove spyware

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

Also, have you tried a different screen (preferably a computer monitor)? Did this just begin happening recently?

What are your computer specs?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users