Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blogger Comment Posting-IE Works, Firefox Does Not

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HamSandwich

HamSandwich

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

I have had this problem ever since Blogger updated to their verification system implemented for comment posting. This verification system involves (I believe) some sort of IFrame that pops up, in which a series of letters appear in a convoluted pattern and manner. This "message" must be typed into a box for confirmation that I am a human posting and not a spambot.
I used Firefox before this verification system was implemented. Comment posting was no hassle at this point. Now, however, I cannot post via Firefox. When I click to post, the IFrame pops up but without any image. The text entry box is present for the confirmation, but the text image from which I would derive the confirmation message is missing (during this time, I am logged in, so that shouldn't be a problem). I have turned off all of my add-ons (these include NoScript, Web of Trust, Styler, etc.--anything that could possibly get in the way of something opening exactly how it should) and have remained unsuccessful.
However, I am able to post within IE. The posting of comments works flawlessly, though "flawlessly" and "IE" shouldn't be in the same sentence. :flowers: Back to the point: I would like to use Firefox for posting on Blogger, 1. because it is easier to deal with a single browser with a single window, and 2. because of security issues with IE.
IE works in the current configuration (I believe it is different than just 'default') I am using, which includes Site Checker and modifications to security settings. Firefox has different add-ons and some modifications to configs (though I cannot think of any that would interfere with this IFrame loading). I am thinking this is a Blogger problem simply because my controls of Firefox and IE did not change one bit between the time in which I could post comments on Firefox and now.
I was wondering if I could alleviate this problem, or if this is a Blogger glitch/problem that is entirely out of my control.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InterestinglyAverage

InterestinglyAverage

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:51 PM

What version of Firefox are you using?
The only way to learn anything is to question everything.

#3 HamSandwich

HamSandwich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:47 PM

Firefox 3.0.x. I believe this started sometime in 3.0.5 (I now have 3.0.6), but I'm not entirely sure. It is Firefox 3, however.

#4 InterestinglyAverage

InterestinglyAverage

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:51 AM

First step I would try would be launching Firefox in safe mode. In your Firefox folder in the Start menu, you should have an icon labeled "Firefox (Safe Mode)" Try accessing a page using this version of the browser, which will have all addons and most of the customizations disabled. Second, what anti-virus/anti-malware software are you using? It is possible it is being more sensitive in Firefox for some reason - AVG for example contains a toolbar that allows you to have different settings enabled in Firefox than IE.
The only way to learn anything is to question everything.

#5 HamSandwich

HamSandwich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:45 PM

I went into Safe Mode and found out that some of the items work, but not all. I still cannot post, as Blogger apparently does not recognize that I am signed in. I can see other features I normally cannot, though. I figure it is just a Firefox problem with Blogger. I'll just stick to IE (yuck) for posting comments for now.
Thanks! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users