Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Empty desktop after running system restore

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ccarabba

ccarabba

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:02 PM

I was trying to set my computer back to the earliest point in system restore, which I've done many times before. This time the desktop came back up completely blank. I've restarted several times to no avail. The system is 11 years old so I know it is time for a new one but I can't afford it right now. I need to get it up and running so I can install Turbo Tax, which wouldn't install due to a lot of problems with this old system. I am sending this from work now and hope somebody can tell me how to get the desktop icons and task bar back. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Charybdis

Charybdis

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:49 PM

try hitting
ctrl+alt+delete
then clicking on file
then new task(run)