Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Info on Tabbed Explorer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PapaSmurf88

PapaSmurf88

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:03 PM

Im starting this thread to keep everyone up to date on my search for the old post about using Mozilla FireFox as Windows Explorer. So far today I have found the old instructions, but was unaware of how old they were exactly. Because of how old they are I will not be posting them TO ANYONE!!! These instruction are from when XP first came out and contain more securtiy flaws then Windows 95 (I know hard to believe but its true). The whole precess took about 20min to setup and about 2 min for my friend to hack into the box we set it up on, with zone alarm, a router, and complex passwords i.e. YoU-SucK42069. This wasnt the password I used but just an example so dont bother trying it on my box. LOL j/k. Another problem was the inability to run windows update even through IE.

I will continue my search through the web and the many forums that I post on hoping to find new instruction. At least something with the security of XP SP2 even if you cant use windows update. If anyone can find anything out use this forum to post information, Ideas, rumors you've heard, etc, etc. Wish me and my friends luck.

Papa Smurf
My Specs:

Albatron PX915P4C Pro
Intel P4 3.0 Ghz Processor w/ HT technology
2x 512MB PC3200 Memory
120 GB Western Digital IDE HD
SAPPHIRE X550 256Mb Video Card

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users