Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Macaffe VS Norton

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 madcanot

madcanot

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 31 May 2005 - 09:32 PM

Just would like to know what you(anybody) felt about the subject.
Which seems to protect the computer better? Is it a good idea to use them both or do they conflict, or is there something better altogether.
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:49 AM

Running 2 Antivirus at the same time will conflict.
As to which is better, that's a personal decision.

Here's a couple of good, free, ones:
AVG Free
Avast
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 completealias

completealias

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:00 PM

One antivirus

One Firewall

As many antispyware apps as you like

I use avast myself, If I had a choice of either mccafee or Norton I'd choose mccafee but seeing as there are free av apps out there which work fine there is really no need to pay.

I have had personal experience of Norton missing a trojan on my pc that avgfree picked up. Therefore I wouldn't touch norton again.

There really is no need to pay for any security apps as there are many free ones out there which have keep me problem free for quite some time now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users