Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hi every body

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gurung

gurung

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:37 AM

:thumbsup:
i have got problem in my pc. as i login, the system gets restart again automatically. i have tried several time bust it keeps on repeating the same. the thing is that i cannot format it coz i have got important document in its local disk. plez help me out.

thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vicroberts

vicroberts

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:59 AM

Did you press F8 during the boot to sequence? That will being up a menu that aloows you to go into Safe Mode. Once there you should be able to save your datam, or even fix the problem that is causing the reboots

#3 HamSandwich

HamSandwich

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:55 PM

I think vicroberts might be on to something, but more information is required for qurung to understand what to do. To get to safe mode, press F8 repeatedly after the BIOS splash screen. This should bring up a menu that is text only and responds to up and down arrow movement. Select "Safe mode" from the menu. This will show another screen of a similar color scheme of items being loaded by the computer. Do not worry about any of this: this screen is normal. A basic layout of your desktop will be loaded with no background and a typical 800x600 resolution.
Now, this is as far as I can take you. I do not know how to solve the problem any further. I hope my description helped in its own right. I just thought vicroberts left a vague description of getting to Safe Mode. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users