Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compatibility list

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 neonick

neonick

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:16 PM

I checked the Windows Vista 64-Bit compatibility list but my Monitor (Viewsonic VA702b) and my mouse (Rocketfish Wireless Laser mouse) are not on the list. I know I may need a new mouse (among other peripherals) but what does it mean when my monitor isn't compatible? Does that mean it won't work at all or does it mean that it just won't be able to display Vista properly? Just hoping I can still use this monitor.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:53 AM

it means they havent tested that particular monitor or mouse to make sure it will display correctly. doesnt mean it wont or will, just that they havent tested it would be my guess. my old CRT I had wasnt on the compatibilty list either but it displayed vista just fine. as long as its either a standard VGA connection or DVI i suspect youll be fine, wouldnt garentee it but suspect it will. bet ur mouse will to. but the best way to find out is to try it-try it out before you blow a couple hundred on a good monitor. if it doesnt work, well u need a new monitor but if u buy a new monitor just to find out the old one works fine u just wasted money. :D

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:42 AM

Monitors will work fine with the standard monitor driver included in Windows Vista x64. If you need a special monitor driver for some reason (most people don't) then you'll have to locate an x64 driver at the Viewsonic website.

Mice will also work fine with the standard mouse driver included in Windows Vista x64. If you need a special mouse driver for some reason (most people don't) then you'll have to locate an x64 driver at the Rocketfish website.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users