Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirusxp Browser Injection/Overlay - Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bfromaz

Bfromaz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:55 PM

One of my clients got hit with some malware yesterday. I picked up the box, cleaned it and took it back this morning. When I hooked it back up the browser came up with Antivirusxp links and spam at the top of the web page. kind of an overlay to what ever web page its on. Thinking I missed something on my manual clean I ran combofix and several malware progs and nothing. Next step was hijackthis and process explorer. Again nada. Loaded firefox and its there also. Any suggestions? Its looking to me like I missed a rootkit.

TIA
Bromaz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bfromaz

Bfromaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:43 PM

Doing my own followup... Could not find the source of the overlay and customer ended up reloading the PC. This is the first in years I have been unable to nail.

Bfromaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users