Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem on burning a 800mb cd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jbmoisin

jbmoisin

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:03 PM

I'm getting annoyed with this. I have a file which it size is a little bit bigger than the average cd capacity. so i decided to burn it onto a 800mb/90minutes MMORE cd. The problem is, my cd burning program(i use nero and recordnow!) keep on telling me that i can't because the cd capacity is 702mb! Which means , it has a capacity of a normal cd!
I've tried to enable the overburning option on nero, but still the same thing happens.

Ive once asked a salesman on a computing department, he said i need to configure my burning program. But i simply can't and don't know how. Can someone please help me on this?

Btw, my cd drive is QSI sbw-242

Thanks in advance.
Posted Image
For the team from the Eternal City, 90 minutes at Old Trafford must have seemed an eternity indeed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jchedot

jchedot

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:33 PM

A normal CD is 650MB/74 min. A high capacity CD is 700MB/80 min.
I finally got it all together, now if I could just remember where I put it.

#3 jbmoisin

jbmoisin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:35 PM

Yup, but this one is special. check MMORE homepage for more info.
Posted Image
For the team from the Eternal City, 90 minutes at Old Trafford must have seemed an eternity indeed.

#4 MalikTous

MalikTous

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:01 PM

Some CDRWs (Memorex, HP/Compaq, some Sony, other low-end models) can only burn to 652 or 704 MB, and either don't recognise or will not burn the added room on 792 (90 minute) or 871MB (99minute) CDRs. Some CD burner software, mainly earlier or 'proprietary' versions, also balk at it. A good CDRW like a Mitsumi, Plextor, or LG will not show any hardware problems, and a recent full version of the burner software or one of the freeware models (Alcohol120, powerDVD) should push the capacity of the disk to the limit.
'Open the @^!&&!#& hatch, Hal!'

'I'm sorry, Dave, I can't do that...'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users