Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Recovery Disk Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LockeWatts

LockeWatts

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:28 PM

So I'm getting a 0xc0000225 error on boot due to my Vista not appreciating being messed with by Gparted. All the guides to going through the process say I just need to pop in my recovery disk and let it do it's thing, and Vista will boot fine.

Problem is, I don't have mine anymore. At least, not the version I have installed. I have a basic SP1 OEM dvd, but not my original Vista Business edition dvd. Will any DVD work for that recovery, or do I need to somehow use the original?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:33 AM

I use a generic Startup Repair CD at work that contains just the necessary files and it hasn't been updated since before SP1 was released - and it works just fine. Just don't attempt to install it!!!

On the first screen you'll click on "Next"
On the second screen you MUST click on "Repair your computer" in the lower left corner.
That will start the Startup Repair process

If you don't click on that, you'll start the installation process
If this happens, you can exit the installation process by clicking on the Red X in the upper right corner of the Window that opens (it should be the one where you enter your product ID).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users