Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony nec ad7191a dvd rom

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jase90

Jase90

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:45 PM

hi i have a sony ad7191a dvd rom, last week i tried to burn a litescribe disc with it and it just came out a blurry mess, and it tried 3 times to do it finnally stopping at 77%, but now it will not read any discs inserted into it!! only a blank dvd+r, but it will not write to it either.

can anyone help me

Regards

Jase

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:42 PM

Is this a new dvd drive? I've heard that lightscribe is hard on the lens, and can sometimes ruin it. Try using a lens cleaner with it.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Jase90

Jase90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:36 PM

Hi no I have had it since the summer but this is the first time i treid the lightscribe, and now i cant get anything out of it, it wont recognise a dvd or anything, you shut the tray the green light flashes once then it goes off, and the drive opens on a window, but nothing is seen, also it says the drivers are all ok.

regards

Jase

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

Well, if it just started happening while using lightscribe, I would have to assume the laser is probably bad now. A new DVD burner combo drive will only set you back $30.

The only thing I can think of is going to control panel, system, hardware tab, and go to device manager. When device manager opens, go under optical drives, right click on the DVD drive and click uninstall. This will uninstall it, and it should ask if you would like to restart, say yes. When your computer boots back up, Windows should automatically reinstall the drivers. See if it works any better now.

Edited by Sterling14, 12 February 2009 - 06:55 PM.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users