I would start with sub's flash disinfector, I use it on every drive I come accross
Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe
by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
Note: As part of its routine, Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that was plugged in when you ran it. Do not delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection by keeping the autorun file from being installed on the root drive and running other malicious files.
- Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
- The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
- Hold down the Shift key when inserting the drive until Windows detects it to keep autorun.inf from executing if it is present.
- Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
- Reboot your computer when done.
Next scan the drive with an updated good antivirus like avira or whatever one you use, then a good online one
MBAM was never intended to find infected installers
I am checking to see which online scanner will allow a selective scan of only an external drive
Edited by DaChew, 11 February 2009 - 05:39 PM.