Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 roffles92

roffles92

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:23 PM

I just recently had a nVidia geForce 7900 GS with a 530 watt psu where I got 100 FPS in counter-strike constant. There were occasional times that my game would freeze and my computer would shut down. I just put in a 750w psu and a gefroce 8800 GT. But now when i load counter-strike, i get 75 fps without even joining a server. Yes, i did get the updated drivers and those two items were brand new. Any reason why my video card isn't performing the way it should?

Edited by roffles92, 11 February 2009 - 03:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:54 PM

You don't say what brands/models the power supplies are but having a higher wattage rating doesn't neccessarily make the 750w psu better.
When it comes to PSU's there is a lot more involved then just the wattage rating.

Unless the old PSU is faulty put it back in & see if the problem improves.

nVidia shows a 400W or up PSU is needed for the 8800 GT so your 530W PSU should handle it & possibly supply enough power where it's needed.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users