Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Res://ieframe.dll issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 christmascarol73

christmascarol73

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:57 PM

XP/SP3- IE7-Kaspersky Internet Suite 7-Malwarebytes-Spyblaster Linksys router-All Win. Updates are current

My isp is Comcast. I can get to the homepage, can sign-in, but when I click on the icon to check e-mail the problems begin. A window comes up" The current webpage is trying to open a site in your Trusted site list. Do you want to allow this? Shows Current: http://ad.yieldmanager.com Tresuted Site: Res://ieframe.dll
If I click 'yes', the Smartzone homepage seems to be stuck with the word loading in its window. Tried clicking 'no', and get the same results.
The yellow icon in the bottom left shows these details: Line 116-Char 5-Error: Object expected-Code:0
The bar on the bottom shows: http://sz0003.wc.mail.comcast.net/zimba/h/overviewAds
What I have tried:
Installed Firefox browser 3.0.....Same issue
Opened IE 7 without any add-ons... same issue
Added 'smartzone.comcast.net' to Trusted Sites as well as sz003.wc.mail.comcast.net/zimba/mail# which IS the url that shows when I access mail on my desktop pc.

The last Windows Updates installed are:
Software Removal Tool KB890830
Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Filter KB959614
Update Rollup for Active X Killlits KB 960715
Cumlative Security Update for IE7 KB 961260

What IS Res://ieframe.dll? What's it purpose? Where is it? Can it be removed? As uou can tell, I am really lost here and don't have a clue what else I should do or how to fix this problem. I did run a Highjack This Log but don't even know if it would be of any use here?
I hope I have provided enough info for someone to help me. Thank You!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 christmascarol73

christmascarol73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:02 PM

EDIT to add: Trusted Sites does NOT show this Res://ieframe.dll

#3 debbiezs

debbiezs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:19 AM

Hi
I had problems with the ad.yield.manager, and found the solution on bleepingcomputers.com, at this link
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lof...hp/t115652.html

Scroll to the bottom of that link, then slowly go up, and you'll see the solution.

I am still trying to figure out solution to res://ieframe.dll

I had my brother repair the ad.yield.manager problem

Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users