Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search Bar - How to get rid?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sp1d3r

Sp1d3r

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:50 PM

How the hell do i get rid of this god damn search bar! Its on my nanas computer and my girlfriends computer. How do i get rid of it?
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 caterbro

caterbro

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:14 PM

you're infected with the MySearch toolbar or the MyWay bar,or something that looks just like them. it is certainly perfidious.

download these two free programs, Adaware and Spybot, install and update them, and then restart your computer in safe mode and run one, then the other. delete any files in folders marked Temporaryanything), and restart.

download the programs here.

Edited by caterbro, 31 May 2005 - 04:20 PM.

Carl
----
Official puter fixer :D

#3 Sp1d3r

Sp1d3r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:15 PM

you're infected with the MySearch toolbar or the MyWay bar,or something that looks just like them. it is certainly perfidious.

download these two free programs, Adaware and Spybot, install and update them, and then restart your computer in safe mode and run one, then the other. delete any files in folders marked Temporaryanything), and restart.

download the programshere.

i have got adaware, and i have used it, but it didnt work! Its annoying.

#4 caterbro

caterbro

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:27 PM

make sure to do it methodically. get the latest updates, for both adaware and SB, and then reboot into safe mode, delete temp files, etc. run BOTH adAware and SB.

use SpyBot's tools to help.

-----in SB, change the Mode to Advanced(2ncd button from the left on top). click on tools in the bootm left. click on BHOs. erase anything you don't recognize, or just get rid of all of them, you can't hurt your PC this way, and you get the ones you want back.

-------use the Startup tool to remove any startup items that are not good or not easily recognizable-post the names of any you aren'y sure about.

run a virus scan at TrendMicro for extra throughness, then reboot in normal mode.
Carl
----
Official puter fixer :D

#5 Sp1d3r

Sp1d3r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:51 PM

make sure to do it methodically. get the latest updates, for both adaware and SB, and then reboot into safe mode, delete temp files, etc. run BOTH adAware and SB.

use SpyBot's tools to help.

-----in SB, change the Mode to Advanced(2ncd button from the left on top). click on tools in the bootm left. click on BHOs. erase anything you don't recognize, or just get rid of all of them, you can't hurt your PC this way, and you get the ones you want back.

-------use the Startup tool to remove any startup items that are not good or not easily recognizable-post the names of any you aren'y sure about.

run a virus scan at TrendMicro for extra throughness, then reboot in normal mode.

Thanks, ill actually tell my dad that. He may find it helpful. And i may do it tomorrow, im dieing of Tiredness lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users