Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry Recover- Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sp1d3r

Sp1d3r

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:24 PM

At the moment, i am at my nanas but im going home tomorrow. And i am helping her sort out her computer and showing her new things to do and easy ways to do things. Also i have defraged it ect... But what i am needing help with is everytime she starts up her computer a damn message comes up and it will not go away. Any ideas what to do?
The Message is this -
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:14 PM

It sounds like you have a corrupted registry and a corrupted backup. You can try making a backup set and then running a registry tool against the registry.

Here's a link to these 2 tools: http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

Use ERUNT to make a backup of the registry first and then use NTREGOPT to see if it will fix the current registry. If it cannot repair then you have the backups just in case.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

#3 Sp1d3r

Sp1d3r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:34 PM

It sounds like you have a corrupted registry and a corrupted backup. You can try making a backup set and then running a registry tool against the registry.

Here's a link to these 2 tools: http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

Use ERUNT to make a backup of the registry first and then use NTREGOPT to see if it will fix the current registry. If it cannot repair then you have the backups just in case.

Cheers.

OT

Thanks :D i will have to do it next time im at my nanas as im home now lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users