Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help! PC unable to boot from disc and harddisk

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 eggway

eggway

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:42 AM

I install vista P1 and then installed kubuntu 8.04 to dual boot. vista install fine in C partition. But after i install kubuntu 8.04 in D partition finished, it restart my PC and it hang at black screen. I put Vista disc or kubuntu live CD, it wont boot, it just hang at black screen.

How do i fix this??

Edited by eggway, 11 February 2009 - 08:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ardynne

ardynne

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:15 AM

Did you install Linux correctly? During the installation Linux should have formatted the D drive as well as installed GRUB in a new swap partition. A good guide on installing Ubuntu/Kubuntu is in https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WindowsDualBoot.

For now, to boot from your CDs try pressing the ESC key (http://en.kioskea.net/faq/sujet-283-how-to-access-your-bios-set-up) after switching on the computer to be able to access BIOS set up menu. There go to Boot options and select the boot order so that the computer boots first from the CD. Save and Exit and the computer should boot from the CD. Although of course this is a temporary solution and will probably lead to having to reinstall windows or linux...

sorry I can't be of much help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users