Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internal Beep when adjusting volume

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KickAzzDude

KickAzzDude

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:24 AM

Hi, I had to restore my computer to factory settings a few weeks back due to some trojan/virus. Now that its clean I've noticed the computer makes a sort of beep but its from inside the computer, not the speakers. This mainly happens when I change the volume through the speaker icon and also when I open up a certain video game. Also the soundbar (green volume thing) wont show up when I adjust the volume with the keyboard. Is there anything I could do to fix this?

Thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Flaxtelios

Flaxtelios

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:35 AM

I think you can disable this in control panel in sounds/audio devices.
Go under the sound tab to change the sounds. Unless you mean a
beep that is like from the sound of the computer.

AS for the green volume bar, if the volume is still being adjusted, it's
probably just delay/lag, a restart of the computer or trying again later should
enable it to work just fine.
Hey I'm Kyle, It's an honour to be in your presence.... hey wait that's your line. :o
Sometimes the Hardest thing and the Right thing are the same.

#3 KickAzzDude

KickAzzDude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:16 AM

I've already checked the sound options and it wasn't anything from there, most of the options selected have "none" as the sound option. As for the soundbar, it isn't delay because I have not seen it at all ever since I restored the computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users