Jump to content
Posted 15 August 2004 - 08:16 PM
Posted 15 August 2004 - 11:46 PM
Posted 24 August 2004 - 10:19 PM
Posted 24 August 2004 - 11:27 PM
- Configure Ad-aware
- Click on the Gear-shaped icon at the top to open the Settings window.
- All of the following settings I mention should be enabled (green checkmark). Some settings cannot be enabled in certain versions of Windows. If a setting I mention is grey and can't be enabled, skip it.
- General Settings - Automatically save log-file, Automatically quarantine objects prior to removal, and Safe Mode (always request confirmation)
- Scanning Settings
- Scan Within Archives
- Click on 'Click here to select drives + folders' and check next to each hard drive then hit ok.
- Scan Active Processes
- Scan Registry
- Deep Scan Registry
- Scan my IE favorites for banned URL’s
- Scan my Hosts file
- Advanced Settings - Enable all four options under 'Log-file Detail level'
- Tweak Settings
- Under 'Scanning Engine' - Enable 'Unload recognized processes during scanning', 'Include basic Ad-aware settings in logfile', and 'Include additional Ad-aware settings in logfile'
- Under ‘Cleaning Engine’ - Enable 'Let Windows remove files in use at next reboot'
- Click Proceed
- Click on the 'Start' button in the lower right.
- Select 'Use custom scanning options', enable 'Activate in-depth scanning', and click Next. The scan will take several minutes to complete. When the scan is complete click Next.
- Right click on the list of items and click 'Select all items' then click Next. Press Yes to confirm. The detected items are now quarantined.
- Close Ad-aware
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users