Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help on friends Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 coryp

coryp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:47 PM

My friend had antivirus 2009 and antivirus 360 spywares both on his computer and I got everything out of registry... but it still will not let him run malaware or any other spyware removal.. how do i get a scan where can I get one... it only lets him download certain stuff and when i download stuff it usually automatically corrupts it.. how do i do this..??? help

corypetree89@hotmail.com is my msn if you wanna add me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tcgtechnician

tcgtechnician

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:07 AM

Unfortunately, these two are some of the more nasty rogue applications that are jumping onto peoples systems. The reason it will only let you visit certain sites is because both of those will hijack your browser. I would attempt to run HiJackThis and look for suspicious looking entries. This program can be found on www.download.com. Also, I would go to another computer, other than the infected one, download the installation file for Super Antispyware and save it onto a flashdrive, then run the setup on the infected system from that flash drive. Super Antispyware has been known to be one of the more effective removal tools for these rouge applications. And the good news is that it does not require online access to be installed. It is an offline install package. Hopefully the Antivirus 2009 hasn't disabled .exe files yet, it has been known to do this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users