Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

explorer won't copy files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JanakaK

JanakaK

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

everything seems normal with explorer (except that it frequently doesn't show a plugged in usb drive...)
...but the big problem is that i desperately need to back up my files ...and when i go to copy a set of files to an external drive or a thumb drive, it will copy about 6 files and then an error window pops up with it's 'bonk' sound ...saying that it can't copy the next file since it can't be found (my wording -but that's the gist).
...the irony is that all the files are there ...i can go back and open any of them ...so yes, they are there. ...but it says that they can't be copied cause they can't be found!!!

...what the hey is going on???

...please help on how to fix this.

compac laptop: presario 1500

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_tylerisdabest_*

Guest_tylerisdabest_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:23 PM

i had a simalware problem but how i fixed it was putting them in a folder in the same folder i was having the error in, try that

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,258 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

I think I'd check that partition/drive with a manufacturer's diagnostic...and run chkdsk /r on the C: partition.

Hard Drive Installation and Diagnostic Tools - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28744/hard-drive-installation-and-diagnostic-tools/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users