Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

doesn't connect to internet automatically upon waking up

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cute0206

cute0206

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:23 PM

my toshiba notebook(vista home premium) doesn't connect to dsl automatically upon waking up from sleep. everytime i have to go thru diagnose and repair for it to reconnect. it had been working fine for a long time, it just stopped the other day. any advice would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:18 AM

Have you looked in the Internet Options in the control panel to see if the settings have been changed for your connections?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:48 AM

If someone finds the fix id like to know, I have the same problem on my desktop running vista ultimate-when I wake it up from hibernate it wont reconnect to the internet unless i click the fix connection. my internets cable, and im hooked up through a wireless router via network cable.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 cute0206

cute0206
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:04 PM

what's the correct connection setting in internet options?

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:50 AM

You should talk to you ISP, this all depends on you type of connection.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 cute0206

cute0206
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:06 PM

i have at&t dsl, i did talk to their tech support, tried a few things, nothing seems to solve the issue, their conclusion is it's my laptop , not their internet service.
and during the process of repair and fix, i'm always prompted to "reset the local area adapter" before the internet connection is restored.

Edited by cute0206, 16 February 2009 - 02:15 PM.

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:13 PM

I would suspect a corruption in your networking drivers. I'd suggest downloading a fresh copy of the latest version from the Toshiba website, uninstalling the old software, and then installing the new software.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users