Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Plenty of Stop blue screen errors to read from.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Rikayla

Rikayla

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:39 PM

I got referred here from a member at Soompi Forums where I first posted, but the person PMed me and said it was better off if I asked some real computer experts (e.g. BleepingComputer.com), so here I am.

I was planning to get a new laptop instead of dealing with all these computer crashes lately, but I really don't have the money to afford a new laptop at the moment, so I hope someone can help me have this desktop live on for another several months while I get a job and earn money to buy a new laptop, lol. Anyways, here's my story:

My computer has been crashing since late 2007. At first, I didn't really mind them because the first two were "big" crashes that actually cleared up some hard drive space for me (over 10GBs each time), so I thought that that was kinda neat and ignored it, haha. Then throughout 2008, the crashes became more frequent. But when my computer crashed, my computer doesn't pop out blue screen errors. They would just flash and the screen would go black (or even white). Blue screen errors would appear once in a blue moon.

Sometime in September 2008, my Norton Antivirus subscription ran out and I finally uninstalled it. I uninstalled it mainly because my friends have all been telling me that Norton takes up a lot of your RAM and makes your computer super slow. Huzzah, for the few weeks after uninstalling it, the computer crashes were less frequent. So happy then, lol.

Then came December 2008 when I encountered a virus. I didn't have a firewall or any antivirus programs between September and December, so unfortunately, I had to somehow remove it all. I removed it just in January with the help of AVG and one very awesome friend. But since removing my Trojan virus/spyware, my computer has been crashing even more frequently, and blue screens have been popping up more often (which I heard is a good thing). I'm not sure if the more frequent crashes within the past couple of months is because I've been using CCleaner a lot lately too.

That was a bit tl;dr so kudos if you read all that.

Like I said, my computer crashes are extremely frequent. I've had it crash every five minutes, every two minutes etc. Or I'll get into my desktop, view it after hearing the Windows starting music sound charm, and then it'll crash, and I'll have to press the restart button on my CPU box thing again. The programs that have triggered my computer crashing are wide-ranged too. Sony Vegas triggers it a lot, and sometimes iTunes and Firefox, but I've even had it crash while saving a Notepad txt document.

Anyways, for the past couple of months, I've been taking pictures of all the blue screens that have been showing up on my screen, just so I can keep the error codes, and track how frequent they are. Some of them are the same, while some aren't. Here is my list:

August 30, 2008:
- http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/rikay...or-august30.jpg

November 30, 2008:
- http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/rikay...-november30.jpg

December 5, 2008:
- http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/rikay...r-december5.jpg

January 16, 2009:
- http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/rikay...error-jan16.jpg
- http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/rikay...rror-jan161.jpg

January 18, 2009:
- http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/rikay...error-jan18.jpg

January 20, 2009:
- http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/rikay...error-jan20.jpg

January 22, 2009:
- http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/rikay...rror-jan221.jpg
- http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/rikay...error-jan22.jpg

January 29, 2009:
- http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/rikay...rror-jan291.jpg
- http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/rikay...error-jan29.jpg

February 6, 2009:
- http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/rikay...error-feb61.jpg
- http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/rikay...perror-feb6.jpg

February 8, 2009:
- http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/rikay...perror-feb8.jpg
- http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/rikay...perror-feb8.jpg

For that list up there, it's actually missing two more desktop blue screen errors that I took yesterday and today, lol.

As for the things I've tried... I've tried reformatting but that doesn't work because my A floppy drive doesn't work and apparently I need to install my hard drive with something on a floppy disk in order to reformat it. (My computer is a little over four years old, by the way.)

Thank you!

P.S. I hope this topic is in the right section.

Edited by Pandy, 13 February 2009 - 12:50 AM.
Moved from Win XP Home and Pro ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:18 AM

First we should check for malware.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
If you have a previous version of MBAM, remove it via Add/Remove Programs and download a fresh copy.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
  • Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Rikayla

Rikayla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:19 PM

OMG. I am so ashamed of myself:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.34
Database version: 1756
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

2/12/2009 11:17:39 PM
mbam-log-2009-02-12 (23-17-39).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 71250
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 36 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 24
Registry Values Infected: 5
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 14

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\nowstarter.nowstarterctrl.1 (Adware.CWS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{072039ab-2117-4ed5-a85f-9b9eb903e021} (Adware.CWS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{072039ab-2117-4ed5-a85f-9b9eb903e021} (Adware.CWS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units\{072039ab-2117-4ed5-a85f-9b9eb903e021} (Adware.CWS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{0409743c-e5e3-4bdd-9ec7-eff622530282} (Adware.CWS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{40722371-e24c-4b36-8e76-010bb6c7185b} (Adware.CWS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{825c19d3-35ce-428f-876b-88e080466689} (Adware.CWS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2b96d5cc-c5b5-49a5-a69d-cc0a30f9028c} (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\c:/windows/system32/nowstarter.ocx (Adware.CWS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{d5bf49a2-94f1-42bd-f434-3604812c807d} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{6d794cb4-c7cd-4c6f-bfdc-9b77afbdc02c} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{d5bf49a2-94f1-42bd-f434-3604812c807d} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\virusremover2008 (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\tdssdata (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\tdss (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\xpre (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Juan (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\contim (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\instkey (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\dslcnnct (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Track System (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\rdfa (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FCOVM (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemoveRP (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\{6d794cb4-c7cd-4c6f-bfdc-9b77afbdc02c} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{d5bf49a2-94f1-42bd-f434-3604812c807d} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{ec43e3fd-5c60-46a6-97d7-e0b85dbdd6c4} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\system32\NowStarter.ocx (Adware.CWS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad\ssodl (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\User1\Application Data\gadcom (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NowStarter.ocx (Adware.CWS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fawujeli.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\gopapodu.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hetuyevo.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jemitawa.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kudafane.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mofawulo.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\puwaduvu.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\romemazu.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vetaweyo.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\yihahafa.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WinAVI_Video_Converter.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSriqp.dll (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSsbhc.log (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:30 PM

OMG. I am so ashamed of myself:

Do not be ashamed of yourself, just be happy that you found the viruses and such and got rid of them. You had some really bad stuff on there and now that they are gone, I bet your computer will run much better. I would also run SuperAntiSpyware just in case Malwarebytes missed something. Good luck

Edited by Stang777, 12 February 2009 - 11:31 PM.

#5 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:38 PM

C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSriqp.dll (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Whoa, I just noticed that one. Even though it shows as removed, the rootkit might still cause you some problems. You might want to post that log over in the "Am I Infected" section and see if someone can give you more info about that one. From what I have read, rootkits can cause problems even after they are removed and many believe that without reformating your drive, you cannot ever be sure that your system is clean after having one of those. If you do online banking with that computer, you could have a problem, better check this one out more

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:54 PM

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop. alternate download link DO NOT use yet.
Please download and install SUPERAntiSpyware Free
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and unzip into the program's folder.)
  • Under the "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
  • Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
  • Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
  • Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 Rikayla

Rikayla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:39 AM

@ Stang777: Thanks for the encouragement. I hope my computer somehow gets through all this too, lol. It's really been a long time since I last had it checked.

@ Budapest: I did everything you suggested up until the SUPERAntiSpyware scan. Was that supposed to be in Safe Mode? Because I did it in Safe Mode and it just made my computer crash... Adding one more blue screen error to my collection:

Posted Image

Annnnnd I'm also adding two more lovely blue screens I received three days ago on February 10th that I haven't put up yet. Haha.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/rikay...error-feb10.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/rikay...rror-feb101.jpg

Edited by Rikayla, 13 February 2009 - 12:41 AM.

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:44 AM

Have a look in the Event Viewer for any errors at the time of blue screens.

To open the Event Viewer go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Alternately, go to Start > Run and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Check in all the categories.

If you find an error that occurred at the time right-click on it and select properties. Copy the information in the window and post it back here. This will help us diagnose your problem.

How To Use the Event Viewer

—George Bernard Shaw

#9 Rikayla

Rikayla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:06 AM

Nope, it doesn't look like there are any events that happened at 12:44am which is when I took the picture (for the last blue screen I posted). In fact, there are no events that happened from 12:40am onwards. The last event from either four categories happened at 12:33am, a Success Audit in the Security section.

Here is the 12:33am one anyways:

EVENT ID: 515
USER: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
A trusted logon process has registered with the Local Security Authority. This logon process will be trusted to submit logon requests.

Logon Process Name: KSecDD

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Edited by Rikayla, 13 February 2009 - 01:08 AM.

#10 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:10 AM

Right click on the C drive in Explorer and go Properties > Tools > Check Now (under Error Checking). Check both boxes then click "Start Now". A message will pop up saying that Error Checking will run after you restart the computer. Restart the computer and Error Checking will run automatically after the restart. After itís finished it will restart into Windows automatically.

—George Bernard Shaw

#11 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:16 AM

@ Stang777: Thanks for the encouragement. I hope my computer somehow gets through all this too, lol. It's really been a long time since I last had it checked.

You are very welcome.

#12 Rikayla

Rikayla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:28 AM

@ Budapest: For that error check, I've managed to get through three out of five error-checking stages (the first two with lots of deleting orphaned and corrupted files), but when I get into the 4th stage, I would only get past it 2% before receiving another blue screen:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/rikay...rror-feb133.jpg

Thanks so much for your patience, so far. :thumbsup:

#13 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:23 PM

Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

Type: chkdsk /r

It's important to have a space before the "/".

To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

—George Bernard Shaw

#14 Rikayla

Rikayla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

Budapest, I wonder if it would be too late to tell you that I actually can't restart or shut down my computer properly? As in when I try to restart it, after it shows "Saving your settings" on the monitor, the screen goes black, but the computer is still whirring (still functioning). Same thing when I try to shut it down. So lately, whenever I attempt to shut down and I get the black screen, I go to the back of my computer and physically turn off the power switch before turning it back on.

... This might explain why nothing prompts me to start from the Windows XP CD I inserted just now, unless I run it normally (e.g. without restarting). Also, when I do need to run from a CD, don't I need to change my BIOS or something? In December when I was trying to remove my virus, I read that I needed to go into the BIOS menu at the very beginning and change where the computer is booted up from.

But I'm probably wrong because I don't remember what the setting was called.

Oh, and somebody suggested this to me at Soompi, what do you guys think?

Looks alot like damaged RAM. Download MEMTEST86 and run it for about 7 hours, and you'll see if your RAM is fine or not.

Edited by Rikayla, 13 February 2009 - 08:07 PM.

#15 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

Yeah - you need to check the BIOS to make sure that the CD drive is first in the boot order.

Running Memtest is a good idea I think.

What is the make and model of your computer?

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users