Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Administrator Account

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gerry

Gerry

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:11 PM

I somehow locked myself out of Windows XP Professional as ADMINISTRATOR and cannot get into my account other than as GUEST. I was tweeking the SETTINGS when this happened so that I would not have to use my Password each time I opened Windows. Now I have access only as GUEST and of course cannnot go back and change settings as they originally were because I cannot get in as Administrator. Any suggestions? Hit wrong button, this should be under WINDOWS XP OS

Edited by Gerry, 31 May 2005 - 12:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MalikTous

MalikTous

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:59 PM

Try booting to Safe Mode and running System Recovery to before the changes? You can also boot to the WinXP CD and run System Recovery.
'Open the @^!&&!#& hatch, Hal!'

'I'm sorry, Dave, I can't do that...'

#3 mawood

mawood

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 13 June 2005 - 05:21 PM

I did that same thing to myself and couldn't do any kind of changes. I tried for days, then I remembered about going into safe mode and then system restore. I was never so happy when windows came back on the way it was supposed to. I hope this works for you. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users