Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gateway MX6214 display issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jhale316

jhale316

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:31 PM

I have a Gateway MX6214 that no longer shows anything on the screen. I got this laptop after my brother was in a car accident, the only thing that seemed wrong with it was a broken LCD display. I purchased a new display and installed it according to the manufactures instructions. When i finally got the new display in, it only fully powered up and displayed the windows xp splash screen for a few seconds then i got the BSOD. Ever since then it refused to do anything. I could hear the hard drive attempt to spin but nothing popped up. I then went out and got a new hard drive for the laptop and just finished installing that, and still nothing.

If anyone out there has run into the same type of issues and were able to solve them, please let me know. I don't feel like having to go out and get a new MB for it.

P.S. I haven't modded or changed anything on the laptop, other than replacing parts that I thought defective.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:40 PM

Check all of the connections.
Especially the cable that goes into the bottom part.

If you have a regular monitor handy you should be able to hook the laptop to it [should be a connector on it] & try the laptop using the "external" monitor to see if the video out put & computer part of the laptop is working correctly.
If it doesn't work with the external monitor there is obviously something wrong in the computer.
If it does work with the external monitor that will narrow it down to the laptop display.
Either way you'll know where to start to try to fix it. :thumbsup:
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 jhale316

jhale316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:54 AM

Yeah I had tried the external monitor and it was a no-go. So I'm going to assume that the video output on the main board is done for. I guess it's time to pop for a new MB unless there's some possible way to repair the output, which at the moment I doubt. But thanks fairioeblue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users