Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Borderscot

Borderscot

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:23 AM

i have got a packard bell computer and had to do a recovery disc with the three discs.the computer picked up the cdrive but because the d drive is an extra what we put in when we double click my computer the d drive isnt on the list.can someone help me to put the d drive into "my computer" i phoned packard bell but the guy on phone said that it has to be hidden which is rubbish if its hidden how u suppost to get to the things what u have put on ur d drive.please help me to put my d drive onto "my computer" as i have got alot of precious photos on the d drive
thanking u
Julie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:00 PM

Not clear what you're saying here Julie,
You had to use Packard Bell recovery CDs to restore your system because of some problem, right?
In the past you have added a second hard drive which appeared in 'My Computer' as the D: drive and on which you stored photos and data?
After the recovery you cannot see your second hard drive.

The guy on the phone is probably right - brand name computers often have a hidden partition where they keep system info to enable you to restore the operating system in event of a problem and if it were not hidden it would be the D: drive.

Do you have an E: drive in My Computer?
What drive letter is your CDROM/DVD drive?

Give as much info about your system specs as you can. What model PB is it? What operating system is it? How did you add the extra hard drive originally?

Edited by Rimmer, 31 May 2005 - 10:02 PM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users